Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Nothing Makes a House Feel Like Home....

Nothing makes a house feel more like home than curtains you've sewn for yourself. Or so said my friend in Berkeley when my friend in Iowa City took me to the fabric store to pick out fabric for curtains 2 years ago when I moved into an apartment that is now 4 dwellings past. (Yes, I moved three times in a year and a half).



I think I must be feeling settled in this little house Austin because I've finally sewn the curtains.


I'm not overly sentimental usually, but sewing the curtains gave me cause to think about said friend in Berkley, whom I knew in Minneapolis, and other said friend in Iowa City, whom I also knew in Minneapolis. I find myself here in Austin, sewing curtains, thinking it's a little bit amazing how far and wide friends can scatter and still stay friends. And how much things can change, but still be sort of the same. And how where you live isn't always home, but sometimes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment