Monday, July 7, 2008

Altered Vintage Postcards

I've been thrifting a lot lately and some of my favorite finds have been vintage postcards. Mostly there from the 1950's and 1960's, and I've been lucky about finding ones that have never been used and that are pretty pristine.

Cleaning Up City Hall - Altered Vintage Postcard

I've been using them as backgrounds for collage elements. All of my collage bits of paper and ephemeral are also vintage and of the some era.

Swimming Beach - Altered Vintage Postcard

It's been a lot of fun, mostly tongue in check humor, and a touch of irony. After I alter the postcards I seal them with a protective acrylic finish, low gloss to preserve the vintage look. You can find these altered postcards in my Blue Valentine Etsy Shop. Oh, and there's lots more to come.

Highway 101 - Altered Vintage Postcard

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhh! Groovy stuff. I'm about to head over to your shop:) I live and breathe vintage postcards. It's nice to see your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent phrase and it is duly achat levitra It is remarkable, it is rather valuable information

    ReplyDelete