Monday, April 7, 2008

An Etsy Find - Ker-bloom!


Every once in a while I like to share something I find on Etsy and love, and think you should all love also. This time it's Ker-bloom! A letterpress printed zine from Artnoose. Yup, you read that right, a letterpress printed zine.

I have a very real mad love for all things letterpress. I also have a pretty vast collection of zines and indy comic books. Ker-bloom! is by far my most favorite - The writing is always way above par and the slice-of-life glimpse into the mind of Artnoose is always worth a look. And it's letterpress printed - in some of the more recent issues she has used polymer plates, and the current issue was screen printed with a letterpress cover, but amazingly Artnoose has been hand setting lead for every issue since 1996. That my friends make me giddy!


I buy every new issue that come outs. I've amassed a healthy lot of back issues. I even recently did a special order to fill in some of the gaps. I dream of a complete run, although I fear it will be near to impossible.

If you've got a spare minute or two or six hop on over to Artnose's Etsy shop and grab yourself some back issues of Ker-bloom! You'll thank me for it. I love Ker-bloom! and you should also.

No comments:

Post a Comment