Monday, June 15, 2009

New House Rules!

New house rule: for every pair of hand knit socks I complete, a crappy store bought pair will be thrown in the trash.


Running socks, and my single pair of Smart Wool shorties are exempt from this rule. The Smart Wools were a gift, and I wear them all the time. I love them. As for the running socks, I have just enough pairs to run 6 days a week, wear a clean pair on each run, and not have to do laundry more than once a week.

I think it should be noted that I am a recovered pack rat, which means I don't like to have extra stuff around. It should be further noted that I define "extra" as "not used and/or having no sentimental value".

It has become perfectly clear to me that as I knit and accumulate hand knit socks, I will never ever wear the crappy store boughts, rendering them "not used". And since they have "no sentimental value" they will be "extra" and therefore trash.

The hand knit socks are far superior. And it is my house, and I make the rules.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I've only started knitting socks but I will definitely take a hint from you and put that plan into action at my house.

    ReplyDelete