Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

For the third year in a row The Boyfriend and I got up on Thanksgiving morning and ran the Austin Turkey Trot. A five mile run with a huge crowd - 14,000 runners this year. It's a lot of fun, the course is fairly scenic and really challenging. I'm pretty sure this is my favorite tradition here in Austin, and one of the things I will miss when we are gone.

I hope to carry on the tradition of running on Thanksgiving morning when we return to Minneapolis by participating in the Drumstick Dash at Lake Harriet.

After the run I cooked for 7 friends. Last year I cooked a turkey for 2, this year I went with a very non-traditional menu - Pumpkin soup, homemade bread, a cheese board, smoked salmon, apples, pomegranates, a beet salad, and the guests brought desserts. Everything was delicious.

And now with Thanksgiving behind us, my attention is turned back to trying to get moved and of course to Christmas gift knitting.

Happy Holidays Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment