Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Pattern - Laze Knit Hat


I've got a brand new hat design--"Laze". I wanted a hat with a more relaxed style, but not a beret, and I had this fantastic hand-dyed sport weight sock yarn from Black Trillium that I thought, and thought correctly, would be the perfect yarn for such a hat.

Laze is a super soft, slouchy, and stylish knit hat with a wide rib band, purled detail, and it's finished with Kitchener stitch. Knit with merino wool sock yarn this hat is warm, and washable.



I used a "semi-solid" yarn and would recommend you do also. A multi-colored or self-striping sock yarn both pool too much because the circumference of the hat is larger than the circumference of a sock.

I really love the yarn I used from Black Trillium Fibre Studios--the color saturation was beautiful and the yarn was a joy to knit.


Here's the 411 on "Laze":
Beginner
Two U.S. size 2 (2.75mm): 16" Circular
or One U.S. size 2: 16" circular & a set of U.S. size 2 (2.75mm) DPNs
Black Trillium Merino Sport Sock
One skein
Yarn needle, 2 stitch markers, row counter
24 sts. and 32 rows = 4" in stockinette
One size fits most adult heads 20"-22" in circumference

The new design is available on my website and also here on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment