Thursday, April 26, 2007

Knitting from Necessity and a Sale

The last few days I've found myself knitting from necessity. It all started when I had to run to the post office, just quick and it was late, and I was tired, and so I didn't put Layla in her kennel. Layla love, love, loves her kennel. Layla is a strange dog in a lot of ways, and one of those ways is she suffers from what is known as "separation anxiety", in lay terms she freaks out when left alone, unless she's in her kennel. I literally wasn't gone at the post office for more than 15 minutes. When I got home Layla snaked out of the bedroom to meet me at the door with the gnarled remains of my wallet. So after I called the credit card companies and the bank to request new cards (yeah, you should heard the costumer service reps responses when I said "my dog ate it, no seriously") I knit myself a new wallet. Yesterday when I went to the Post Office, I put Layla in her kennel, and the Post Mistress complimented my new wallet.

Meanwhile, the clutch went out on my VW, and so it was in the shop, and I was sans motorized vehicle. No big deal really. I live in a neighborhood where I can walk places and I have nice bike. The trouble didn't arise until I went to Yoga and couldn't quite manage carrying the yoga mat on the bike. So I left the mat at home, rented one for the day, and started working on a pattern for a yoga mat bag that I can fling over my back next time I want to ride the bike to yoga. I've frogged the bag in progress 3 times to make changes. I'm currently closing in on what I think will be the final design. I hope to finish it this weekend at Camp.

Yup, we're taking the wonder pups to Camp. The Lee Mannix Center for Canine Behaviour puts on the camp for dogs and their people every year. We'll take over a resort on the Blanco River. There'll be Agility, Lure Coursing, Tracking, and Swimming Lessons. I've got a bet with the trainer that they won't be able to teach The Mike to swim. I hope I lose, I'd like The Mike to swim.

On a final note, I'm having a sale in my Esty shop. I've marked down a lot of the wintry woolly items by 20% or more. I will continue to clear out the wintry stuff as I add some of the summer knits I've been working on, including the yoga mat bag. So if you feel like it grab yourself a bargain.

Progress report on the blanket - 3 squares finished 60 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment